training people on technology usage and leveraging technology to drive productivity and engagement. Here's the list from the survey results:
- 71%: Preparing managers for remote roles
- 52%: Training managers and remote staff on technology
- 47%: Engagement of remote staff
- 45%: Satisfying hiring requirements
- 32%: Upgrading/replacing legacy technologies
Given telecommuting is the #1 new benefit being offered by employers in 2015-2016, getting business processes, technologies, and work flows sorted is becoming increasingly more important. Pretending it's not different, or leaving it to your managers to wrestle with, will result in performance gaps, and impact engagement.
If you've got people working from home, or remotely, or you're thinking about offering it, please do two things:
1. Register for the 2015 Remote Working Summit February 17-19 in Dallas - 20+ speakers, and it's only once a year.
2. Download the paper on Five Remote Working Priorities, and best practices to make it go.